Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Mulligan


For those who do not golf a "mulligan" is the term used for a retake shot, usually after your first one has gone errant. It's like hitting the reset button. It's a do-over.

Okay. So I got up this morning not feeling very well. Sinus stuff starting and the cough is settling in for a drawn-out visit. The first thing on my mind was how tired I felt. Run-down. Shower - shave - dress - the entire time my mind was off thinking about
  • All of the tasks I need to complete over the next few days.
  • The commitments I have made that I am pressed to fulfill.
  • The people I need to contact.
  • The repairs that need to be made.
  • The yard that needs to be mowed.
  • The studying I need to do
  • The...
Then my mind is defibrillated from its frantic and erratic path of non-productivity by the faint, yet familiar, sounds coming from the bedroom...

"I got 'da joey, joey, joey, joey, dow in 'na hart - where?..."

I'll take a mulligan on this hole please. Quite the contrast between how I started my day and how the kids started theirs. No wonder Jesus said
"Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:3

Thank you Lord for the blessing of this day
.


Do you need a mulligan?

1 comment:

  1. yes. i will take one of those too, please.

    ReplyDelete