Friday, August 7, 2009

Hand me the pliers...

I am drawn to people who embody wisdom. I want to say and do the right thing at the right time in order to "fix" a situation and I am enamored by those who seem to always have the right words or actions for any situation.

I call this the gift of "the moment."


These are people who, it would seem, bought up all of the right communication tools at Sears and even have Craftsman branded on their tongues.

I, on the other
hand, feel at times like the Snap-On Tool guy who needs a particular sized socket but then finds that very one is missing from his socket holder.

So, I reach for the pliers instead and end up stripping the nut because the pliers aren't made for the job and don't grab effectively.


I want to learn from those who possess and use this gift of "the moment."
"Whoever brings blessing will be enriched, and the one who waters will himself be watered." Proverbs 11:25
What's in your tool box?

No comments:

Post a Comment