Sunday, May 17, 2009


It was at the bottom of the reminder.
Normally, I chunk a reminder into the trash because I have the info down in my Blackberry or in Outlook. So I don't
need the reminder. But this one caught my eye (maybe because it was in a bright orange size 50+ font).

"Please be on time for your appointment..."

What did that mean? No, not the plea to be there at my scheduled time but the "..."
Three dots...Standby...Keep reading. What did they want to draw attention to?

..."Late arrivals may have to be rescheduled for another day."


There it was. The disclaimer. If you miss your appointment don't expect us to work you in. Your out of luck.

Isn't that a little harsh? I mean, they are a doctor's office. They are supposed to be in the business of helping people. If I am a little late can't you just work me in? I wouldn't be here if I didn't want help.

That is the funny thing about rules and policies. They are only as good as the one responsible for upholding them.

Reminds me of a story
:

"Then he will say to those on his left, 'Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.'

"They also will answer, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?'

"He will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.'

"Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life."


The thing about God's appointment is that there is no working you in on a more convenient day. That is one appointment that we will all have to keep.


Have you set your reminder?...

No comments:

Post a Comment